This dressing is thick and creamy and best when it’s filled with fresh local herbs. It’s a more decadent, flavorful version than what you’ll find on your grocery store shelves. But that’s exactly why it’s worth making from scratch.
Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (I use a local dairy that bottles super thick buttermilk; if yours is thinner, you might want less buttermilk and more mayo or sub sour cream for some of the buttermilk)
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped finely
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped finely
- Mix together the mayonaise and buttermilk and salt. Gently stir in garlic and herbs.
- Refrigerate for at least a half-hour before serving.
- Store in air-tight container (such as a Mason jar) for up to a week in the fridge. Flavors will become more pronounced and dressing thicker the longer it stays in the fridge.