We have been on a bit of a smoothie kick ever since my husband ordered a new kitchen toy for Christmas. But with nutrient-rich ingredients like spinach, sprouts and ginger, and a delicious flavor to boot, who wouldn’t be stirring up smoothies? This blend of green and sweet will definitely have you revving up the Vitamix on the daily.
Makes 2 8-ounce smoothies
- 1/2 cup yogurt (whole milk plain works well; choose coconut yogurt for vegan option)
- 1 cup (packed) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 banana (can be brown/imperfect/frozen)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 cup sprouts (optional)
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- Place all ingredients in high performance blender. Blend until smooth. Add more liquid for desired consistency.