I have long been a hummus fan. But a new cookbook is taking hummus’s main ingredient, tahini, and turning it on its head. The Tahini Table has recipes for pesto and sorbet, granola and sheet pan dinners, all with tahini as the star. I sampled several recipes from the book. This is the one I want to share with you. It’s easy and tasty. It will be a hit whether you are planning a party or serving just your family. You won’t miss the cheese for a moment. But you will love having this gem of a recipe at your fingertips.
- 3/4 cup salsa (try homemade pico de gallo)
- 1/2 cup premium tahini paste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (I find mine in the bulk aisle at my local co-op)
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- Tortilla chips, crackers or flat bread for dipping
- Add salsa, tahini, nutritional yeast, water, cumin and salt to food processor. Process until slightly chunky.
- Transfer mixture into small saucepan and cook over medium heat until evenly heated, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with chips, crackers or flat bread.