I’ve come late to the Baking With Cereal Party, but as my kids get older, they are making more and more of the snacks and treats they eat. Chex mix and Chex Muddy Buddies are recipes they can own that are relatively healthy for them. So, if someone says they’re looking to stir up a snack on a snow day or a lazy summer afternoon, I’ll point them right here. These sweet, crunchy bites are a nice break from the everyday routine.
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into very large bowl.
- Heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter on medium heat on the stovetop. Stir until all is melted and mixed together. Add vanilla.
- Pour hot chocolate mixture over cereal. Carefully mix so that all of the cereal is coated. Sprinkle powdered sugar onto the cereal mixture while it’s still warm. Mix, taking care to spread the sugar evenly but not break up the cereal pieces. Cool completely in the bowl.
- Serve or store in air-tight container.