I have loved this recipe for a long time. It’s quick and easy, using ingredients I typically have on hand. By searing the broccoli on high heat and then quick steaming it, the veggies never get mushy or lose their nutrients to a pot of water. This is a perfect side to a dinner of pork chops and rice or chicken pot pie or a plate of sweet potato hash and cornbread.
Recipe inspired by bettycrocker.com
Makes 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. honey (local, if you can get it)
- 1 Tbsp. stone-ground mustard
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Mix butter, honey and mustard; set aside.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; stir-fry 1 minute. Add 3 Tbsp. water. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add mustard mixture and 1Tbsp. water; toss until broccoli is coated. Serve immediately.