This simple salad is a must-make in the spring and fall when our arugula plants get big and we are looking for ways to enjoy their peppery, spicy crunch. Can you mix arugula with lettuce, spinach, chives, parsley, chicory and endive to make a stellar mixed greens salad? Absolutely. But this dish of straight arugula will surprise you. The tart of the lemon and the salty of the Parmesan pair perfectly with the zip of the super nutritious and delicious greens.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit
Makes 4 servings
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. zested lemon peel
- 4 cups (packed) arugula, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup diced radishes
- Combine the first four ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Mix arugula and radishes. Pour dressing over salad until you reach desired dressing-to-salad ratio. Any extra dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for future use.