I love salsa. Spicy, sweet, chilled, home-canned, tomatillo, classic, yes and yes! So when the season is spilling over with cucumbers and peaches, well, they should become salsa too. You might have seen recipes that feature mango as the swap for classic tomatoes, but mangoes don’t grow on the mountainside in these parts. So peaches do just fine to produce the juice and flavor needed for a top-shelf add to tacos (fish tacos would be divine with this) or a cool dip for chips. If cilantro’s not your thing, try parsley.
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, then minced cucumber
- 2 cups peach, cut to a small dice
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 small cloves minced garlic
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well and refrigerate, covered, for at least an hour and up to a day.