I created this recipe to hand out to participants of a class I taught on surprising ways to eat your berries. It was a hit. The biggest takeaway might have been how pleasing it is to mix all kinds of bold flavors in with your spinach or lettuce. Yes to arugula and to mustard and mint and basil!
Makes 6 servings
- 6 cups salad greens and herbs (spinach, lettuces, arugula, mustard greens, beet greens or any mixture of them, plus basil, mint or dill or other herbs)
- 1/2 cup green onions, white and greens, chopped
- 2 cups berries (can be strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or any combination)
- 1 cup snow peas, sprouts, green peppers, broccoli or a mix of these
- 1 cup blue cheese (can substitute feta or chèvre)
- 2 cups sugar roasted pecans
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Wash, then tear, shred or chop greens into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle onions on top. Add berries and green veggie(s). Mix together with serving two large serving utensils.
- Sprinkle cheese and pecans on top.
- Serve onto individual plates and drizzle vinaigrette on top.