I love having an easy app on the table when hungry hubby and on-their-way-to-cranky kids all pile into the kitchen at the end of the day. I typically have a good half-hour of cooking left when this convergence occurs, but with a plate full of pesto cheese straws or a fresh batch of salsa at the ready, I can often convince said family members to help with the dinner prep rather than stand around and whine. It’s kind of magical, actually. This cheese spread paired with a mix of veggie sticks and crackers fits the bill quite nicely. It’s as tasty as a cheese ball but easier to pull off. Count it worthy of a potluck offering if you’ve got one coming up. I’ve made it with feta as well, if you’re not a blue cheese fan. Another variation is to swap the parsley for dill. You may even have the herby part growing in your garden.
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsely
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cold
- Place walnuts and herbs in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place mixture in small bowl and stir in blue cheese. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese in bowl of food processor and process until smooth. Add herb mixture to cream cheese and process until thoroughly blended.
- Remove to serving dish. Serve with crackers and veggie sticks or as a sandwich spread.
This recipe can also be found on Virginia Bloggers.com’s Friday Favorites Linkup and Fiesta Friday, where Julianna @ Foodie on Board and Zeba @ Food For The Soul are this week’s co-hosts.