We don’t always have a stellar zucchini crop, but this year the plants delivered. So I’ve been searching for every and any way to cook our gorgeous green squash. These baked rounds were a hit at our house.
Recipe inspired by The Food Network’s Ellie Krieger
Makes 4 half-cup servings.
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs (I make my own and store them in a glass jar)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick. Then place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.