Quiche is comfort food for me and this one-step-easier dish makes a favorite dinner a little more possible on a busy night. The quinoa makes this meal gluten-free, as well. So, if eggs and cheese and spinach are calling your name, time to stir this up and enjoy!
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 large eggs
- 1¼ milk (local if you can get it)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Gruyere or extra sharp cheddar
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped into bite-size pieces (or frozen chopped spinach, thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in 9×9 baking dish. Swirl melted butter around to cover dish bottom and sides.
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer with cold water. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Add quinoa, cheese and spinach. Stir until all is well-mixed.
- Pour mixture into baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Gently tilt dish from side to side to help quinoa settle at bottom of baking dish.
- Bake until just set, about an hour. Remove foil and bake until top is lightly browned and eggs pull away from sides of baking dish, about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Slice and serve.