Ribs are the ultimate in finger food — messy, tasty, chewy, lip-licking. This recipe is perfect for a summer meal on the patio or a winter dinner complete with baked potatoes and broccoli — the house will smell divine while they’re cooking. Double the recipe and invite some friends if you’re feeling social.
Recipe inspired by myrecipes.com.
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup dark molasses or sorghum
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in pork ribs (local if you can get them)
- Mix together mustard, molasses, tomato paste, vinegar and spices in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Brush ribs liberally with sauce. Place in a slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to low. Cook for 3-4 hours, until meat falls from the bones. Remove ribs from slow cooker and place on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Skim fat from the slow cooker. Pour remaining sauce over ribs on baking sheet. Place ribs in oven. Bake for 10 minutes, until meat is crispy. Serve immediately.